Hi, I’m Coulter 👋
As a multi-faceted developer with full-stack, front-end, and back-end experience in a variety of technologies, I’m prepared to help build high-quality, impactful web and native applications for a variety of platforms.
Projects & Showcase
Proof-of-concept project management tool that I designed and built, from Apple Pencil to Laravel + ReactJS implementation.
Advanced task management app for iPhone and Android built with React Native and a Laravel backend. Currently available on both app stores.
Websites Made Simple
YouTube channel I run which provides tips and tutorials about WordPress, the Divi theme, and more.
Tools & Tech I Use
Certifications & Training
Contract Support Engineer | April 2023 – July 2023
- Improved our software products by re-creating customer issues, identifying breaking edge cases, documenting them, and/or suggesting a fix.
22APPS NO-CODE APP BUILDER
Contract Lead Developer | December 2019 – June 2021
- Built the user authentication features, as well as the PHP-based API so it could be connected to website signups, the actual React/Node.js builder, and more.
- Heavily customized the website with PHP, JS, and CSS to match the client’s needs in triggering automated workflows when a user signed up for a trial, purchased, referred someone, etc.
- Led the development team through each phase of the project, and coordinated milestone requirements with the client.
- Consulted on the best methodologies for automatically deploying a cross-platform codebase to Android and iOS, based on the user’s customizations in the React-based web builder.
ASPEN GROVE STUDIOS (WP ZONE)
Contract Full Stack Web Developer | April 2019 – September 2019
- Resolved user complaints in product lineup through writing new and refined code in PHP, React.js, and Node.js.
- Added new features such as a custom Single-Sign-On (SSO) solution, deeper integrations with existing products (utilizing SCSS, PHP, React.js, and more), and reviving previously shelved software to be ready for production sales.
POWER TO CHANGE
Full Stack Web Developer & Analyst | August 2019 – April 2023
- Built and designed new streamlined websites for sub-brands in PHP/WordPress and Laravel/Statamic, while following the provided Adobe XD and Figma designs with pixel-perfect accuracy.
- Automated repetitive data-entry tasks with Python to close lagging communication gaps between departments.
- Worked on the Salesforce implementation team, which involved a custom SQL sync with the legacy CRM.
- Built an MVP marketing game with the Unity Game Engine.
WP ENGINE / FLYWHEEL
Contract Full Stack Web Developer | December 2019 – July 2020
- Developed the broken link checker feature that runs within the Local Electron app, to speed up safe deployments of websites. Utilized React, Node.js, TypeScript, and PHP.
- Internal API testing, documentation, and development.
Full Stack Web Developer | October 2018 – March 2019
- Improved the existing mailing system used in websites with MailGun API integration, which resulted in a 99% reduction in failed contact form submissions and improved customer satisfaction.
- Performed speed optimization on client websites through caching, image optimization, conditional CSS loading, and more to improve Google PageSpeed rankings.
- Handled security hardening for client websites by implementing malware measures, removing existing malware from unmanaged servers, and implementing best-practices recommended by OWASP.
- Developed product ReviewInstantly with PHP and MySQL as an upsell to existing clients which added a new revenue stream.
IT & Project Coordination Experience
CEO, Founder, and In-House IT Manager | September 2017 – Present
- Managed many custom software and web design projects for our clients. Team sizes ranged up to 10 people.
- Deployed and managed our Microsoft 365, Google Workspace, Freshdesk ticketing system, Monday.com, Trello, 3CX phone system, Digital Ocean cloud hosting, and all other tools.
- Created Standard Operating Procedures and training materials for team members.
COMMUNITAS SUPPORTIVE CARE SOCIETY
Information Technology Assistant | September 2015 – August 2016
- Deployed automatic software scripts to keep systems up to date.
- Kept system architectures up to date.
- Assisted employees with day-to-day technical issues and inquiries.
- Maintained knowledge of all current systems (using Active Directory, Linux, inventory systems, etc.).
SCOUT TECHNOLOGY GUIDES
Technician, then Account Manager & Project Coordinator | August 2016 – October 2018
- Maintained a high client and technician satisfaction rating.
- Provided technical support on all offered hardware, software, network and server infrastructure.
- Met with clients to ensure their needs were met, sold newly required solutions, and oversaw projects for those clients alongside the Project Manager.
Technical Support Professional II | August 2014 – July 2015
- Troubleshot a wide variety of technical issues for customers. These issues ranged from basic troubleshooting to advanced network inspection. Required constant interfacing with customers while assisting in the most professional and efficient manner.
- Acted in a supervisory role where I helped guide other agents through their difficult troubleshooting calls.
What People Have to Say
I worked with Coulter on a 10 week support contract for my software company. Coulter’s natural professionalism, attention to detail, and sharp critical thinking enabled him to solve tough problems and clearly communicate those solutions to customers. If you’re in the market for high quality results, Coulter will deliver.